Guruji for Hindu Funeral Rites in Mumbai
What is Hindu Funeral Rites (Antim Sanskar)?
Antyesthi or the last sacrifice is referred to as the Funeral rites of a person in Hindu Dharma. It is also known as Antim Saskar, Antya-kriya, Daha Sanskar.
Following are the steps to be followed after the death of a person by their relative:
- Once a person is dead, as far as possible his/her upper and lower limbs and neck should be straightened immediately and his eyes closed. With the passage of time, doing this becomes difficult.
- Spread darbha on the floor and place on the darbha either a grass-mat, blanket, rug or woolen blanket, and on it lay the person in a south-north direction with his/her feet facing the south.
- Place a tulsi (Basil) leaf in the mouth and ears of a dead person, if a Tulsi leaf (Basil leaf) is not available then place cotton balls.
- Light an earthen lamp or samai (A metal lamp on a pedestal) with a single wick and place it on a mound of wet kneaded flour of wheat at some distance from the head of the dead body. The flame of the lamp should be facing the south direction. Even when the dead body is removed from there, keep the lamp lit for the next ten days.
- Only sons should shave their heads on the 10th day. Women should not cut their hair or nails.
- Place the dead body on a mat or a mattress. Cover the entire body (except the feet) with one single plain white cloth. Leave the feet uncovered.
- Tie the toes of feet with thread.
- As far as possible, cremate the dead body during the daytime.
- If a boy or a girl aged less than 3 years old dies, they are buried, and no religious rites are performed for them.
After Cremation following procedures are to be performed:
- Immersion of Asthi (Bones of Deceased):
The asthi (bones of the deceased) are collected either on the day of cremation or on the 3rd, 7th or 9th day and are immersed in flowing water before the 10th day. It is better to collect asthi on the 3rd day following cremation rites. If asthi are to be immersed after the 10th day then it should be done only after the performance of the ritual of tirtha-shraddha. One has to also observe Janam-Nakashtra of performer, Grahan-yog, Guru-Shukra asta, etc to perform last rituals.
Uttar Kriya should be beginning to be performed from the 9th day. Nowadays, pindadan that should be performed from the 1st day to the 10th day is performed as a combined ritual on the 10th day.
On the 10th day, pindadan is performed in a Shiva temple or in a temple of an inferior Deity situated on the bank of a river or nearby Dharamshala or in Smashan Bhoomi (Crematorium).
- Sapindikaran shraddha:
Sapindikaran shraddha is performed on the 12th day. With the performance of Sapindikaran shraddha, the individual attains the title of ‘Pitru’ and gets a place in Pitrulok.
Inviting everyone on the 13th day for a meal comprising sweets.
Significance of Hindu Antim Sanskar:
- As per Hindu Dharma Soul never dies.
- It helps the departed soul in connecting itself to the divine power.
- The deceased person finds themselves free from the process of rebirth or gains momentum for their next journey.
- The funeral ritual offers the family and friends a chance to show their honor and love toward the deceased person.
Acknowledgment, Homage (Shraddhanjali) to a deceased person after their demise –
Sung by Bendre Guruji. Listen to this after the death of a relative.
If you are looking for Guruji (Maharashtrian Guruji), Bhataji for Hindu Antim Sanskar, Hindu After death rituals (Antyesthi), or Dah Sanskar to be performed (From 1st Day till Day 13th) then you are at right place.
We perform all procedures of Antim Sanskar as per Vedic and Traditional way with proper understanding (importance) and explanation.
We also provide other services such as:
No, we do not charge anything for Conveyance.
There are Total 13 days whereby last rites are performed in Hindu Religion.
Yes, absolutely we perform all procedures from Day 1 till Day 13th as Vedic Standards and Rituals
Yes, absolutely we provide you absolute guidance with a proper explanation that why these procedures are performed and its significance.
We provide explanation in simple and easy to understand language.