Thread Ceremony in Mumbai
What is Thread Ceremony (Upanayana)
- The main aim of this thread ceremony is to suggest that the complete development of a man from his younger age.
- The ceremony is generally observed between the ages of Five, seven, and Eight. In case the ceremony could not take place due to any reason all through this age period, then it is required to be done before the marriage while observing Birth Chart (Janma-Patrika).
- The purpose of the thread ceremony is to prepare a young man to share the responsibilities of elders.
- The thread is worn by the man in the company of a group chant of the ‘Gayatri’ mantra.
- The thread is twisted in the upward direction to make certain that ‘Sattwaguna’ (good quality of truth) prevails
- The ceremony also suggests that the wearer of ‘Janeu’ can participate in the family rituals from then onwards
- The three strands stand for the Hindu Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh. Others interpreted it as symbolical of Mahasarasvati, Mahalakshmi, and Mahakali
No, we do not charge anything for Conveyance.
Generally it requires 3-3.5 hours to complete all procedures as per Vedic standards to get maximum benefits.